You should use lip balm to keep your lips nice and soft. With a homemade product, you can be sure that only natural ingredients get to your skin. We show how to do it!
Honey is a true beauty miracle. And that’s why it’s also one of the main ingredients in our DIY lip balm . The ancient Romans referred to honey as ‘heavenly medicine’. It has a slightly anti-inflammatory effect and promotes the regeneration of skin cells . So honey is a wonderful help for cracked, chapped lips.
Make your own lip balm: Here’s how!
Our honey-vanilla lip balm is very easy to make and not only great for chapped lips, but also makes a great gift.
What you need for the lip balm:
- 10 grams of beeswax
- 10 grams of cocoa butter
- 20 grams of jojoba oil
- 10 grams of honey
- a few drops of butter vanilla aroma
- a pot for storage
Thats how it works:
- Heat beeswax in a water bath.
- Add the cocoa butter. Add the jojoba oil and honey to the mixture while stirring constantly.
- If you like, add a few drops of vanilla oil. This can also be replaced with an alternative fragrance oil or you can leave it out completely.
- Pour the mixture into small containers.
Once the lip balm has hardened, it can be used.